Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Paper Prompts


I read through each prompt then thought about the prompt that caught my attention, which was the opening prompt that stated, “critically compare the openings of Modern Times/Hugo/Dancer in the Dark”. This prompt caught my attention because after watching each film in class one of the most important aspects of these films that were discussed was the opening of each film. These class discussions and the answers each of my classmates came up which made me connect the beginning of the films to the essence of the films, made me then look at films in a different aspect. Usually when I watch a film I’m not concerned about the things I notice in the beginning of the film. I usually think the middle plot of the film is what grasp the film viewer’s attention and allows you to understand the essence of the film. With that being said the way in which I view films are beyond different from when I first entered this class. I notice everything from the speed the director moves the camera, the aspects the camera zoom in and focus on for a period of time, as well as the background and foregrounds. Although, this prompt was the one that caught my attention I do have a question as to can I also compare the beginning of the films to the end of the films? Because as I realized from watching these films the beginning of the films connects to how the films end.

1 comment:

  1. *With that being said the way in which I view films are beyond different from when I first entered this class.
    Uh-oh--you must be getting sharper.

    Because as I realized from watching these films the beginning of the films connects to how the films end.
    Ah, very interesting way to frame the argument---the intro contains its ending, in a sense.

    ReplyDelete