Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Red Balloon Pt2

In class today Dr.Devine replayed "Red Balloon" for the class in order to notice and focus on the important aspects of Red Balloon. Red Ballon is a film that has many different small details that allows the audience to put in prospective the essence of the film. After watching the film for a second time today in class I noticed that a lot of the details my classmates noticed didn't matter. For example its the winter time there are leaves on the floor. So what? That doesn't justify the essence of the film. I noticed in the beginning of the film the camera was titled upwards which allowed me to notice the essence of the film could possibly be about things going up and down (the balloon). Then I also noticed once the boy got the red balloon he exposed the balloon to many differnet things people, the train, etc. I also noticed the red balloon wasn't allowed at the little boys home. The house keeper took the red balloon and threw it outside the window. I also noticed the balloon brought a lot of light and coloring to the film because throughout the film nothing stood out things were grey and dull.  The red balloon was the most vibrant color. I think the vibrant coloring of the balloon shows from the start of the film that the protagonist of the film is the red balloon. Then comes the little boy that creates this bond and relationship of happiness due to the red balloon.

1 comment:

  1. -- I think the vibrant coloring of the balloon shows from the start of the film that the protagonist of the film is the red balloon.

    Interesting you note color---but season is not important---could we put the 2 together--it's a film about searching for color in a bleak time/world/season/city?
    perspective + prospective

    ReplyDelete