Friday, November 6, 2015

Content #1

As taught in Film Lit class the beginning of films help understand the meaning of an entire film. The beginning of the film “Tree of Life” is an image of some sort of light, once the light is waved around for some time a voice enters in the background. I’m not quite sure that I remember what the voice says but, the voice is very low and whispering. I’m not quite sure what the light means as I do not know why Malick decided to open his film with this light. I do know the detonative meaning of light, is something bright which equals a positive meaning. From the title of the film “Tree of Light” I can only assume that the bright light means a bright life. After reading the article “LUMIA” it seems as though the purpose of this light is different for everyone that views the film. Zinman states, “We make something for you to interpret in your head, so that everybody sees a different light show”. In other words the light can mean just about anything it’s all about the way you interpret the light. The light can possibly be a design, special effects, or something to grasp the film viewer’s attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment