Friday, December 4, 2015

Film Festival Homework


Professor Devine introduced me to the Film Festival; he made in announcement in the beginning of the semester. He stated that attending the Film Festival would be a requirement for his class and to make sure we each attend at least one day. I was very excited because usually I attend the Tribeca Film Festival every year. I enjoy watching new films, learning about different cultures, meeting new people (film directors), and learning about the technology of films. I actually volunteered Saturday and Sunday for the Film Festival in Plattsburgh and it was amazing. I enjoyed meeting new people from Plattsburgh that was responsible for creating Plattsburgh Film Festival. I was unable to see all of the films because I was working those days. However, I was able to see the panel discussion for prison block, Autumn Leaves, and Selections from Arts in the Exile: Tibetan Treasures in Small Town America. After watching these films I was inspired I felt like I can create a film about my life or my experiences. I look forward to creating a film of my very own thanks to the inspiration of the films that I watched. Attending this Film Festival was more than what I expected; the Strand Theatre itself was beautiful, it reminded me a lot of the Apollo in Harlem NYC. Overall, this was an amazing event that I appreciated being apart of thanks to the referral of my Professor Michael Devine. Thanks to Professor Devine I was introduced to film directors, Plattsburgh town people, and Professors of SUNY Plattsburgh (I even reunited with a few of my Professors). This experience expanded my horizons on the world of film that I never knew existed.    

No comments:

Post a Comment