Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Scene Work from Blue Book: Peter Rabbit


Recently in class we watched the tale of Peter Rabbit, it was interesting how Professor Devine created a hook, which lead to the tale of Peter Rabbit. He asked us to think of one of our favorite books or televison shows a child and to think about the essence of the book or television show altogether. I wasn’t sure where he was going with this whole thing at first, but I just went along with the flow. I choose Elmo as my favorite television show; I remember watching Elmo, as a child and Elmo would have this soft voice and always talk to people nicely. He made sure that everyone was fair to one another and he taught me as a child its important to treat other how you want to be treated. In addition, Professor Devine introduced the tale of Peter Rabbit, I heard of Peter Rabbit several times but I do not recall the actual tale. Professor Devine asked the class to pay attention to the details in Peter Rabbit and relate the details to “Tree of Life”. I thought here we go again, “Tree of Life” this and “Tree of Life” that, at that very moment I realized I was living in fear of this movie. I’m not quite sure where I heard this quote from but it always stuck with me, we fear what we do not understand; that is my reality as it pertains to “Tree of Life”. I don’t want to be bothered with anything “Tree of Life” because I don’t understand the film and that bothers me, which makes me fearful of trying to find out because, I may not understand. I digress, after watching Peter Rabbit I wasn’t sure how the tale connected with “Tree of Life”. Therefore I asked my peers how did they think Peter Rabbit related to “Tree of Life”; they explained to me Peter Rabbit was Jack, not listening to what his mother or father told him to do. One of my peers also believed that the garden Peter Rabbit was running through could’ve been the Garden of Eden; I found that to be interesting although I don’t know the story of the biblical Garden of Eden. After watching Peter Rabbit, Professor Devine played a scene from “Tree of Life”, some of the connections I noticed was the father telling the boys to stay out of the neighbor’s garden just as Peter Rabbit was told to do. I noticed Jack was a rabbit for Halloween. Then, Professor Devine proposed a question, Are we all Peter Rabbit? And I was left confused. What does that even mean? I wondered.

No comments:

Post a Comment